Posted on Jan 21, 2008
A little more than one year on the path, I still don’t have a clear idea of where will take me my attempts to write on matters of a spiritual nature. I only know that it is not a clever and oh, so subtle marketing ploy intended as a teaser for the next Saint-Clair novel. Instead, I am simply intending to share some of the amazing teachings I am privileged to be receiving daily from the woman who has become my first – and very much unanticipated – spiritual teacher.
Her name is Yudit Cohen-Shoore. She lives in Jerusalem, Israel. She doesn’t have a website and there are no books bearing her name. Yet, she has taught me all that now understand and accept on all matters of the heart and soul. Obviously, only some 20 months in, I still have a very-very long way to go on the path to transformational, spiritual discoveries and their direct application to daily life, but … work in progress always rocks.
Hand on heart, whether any raw ‘footage’ born of this challenging, new, endeavour ever gets formatted into a book or remains an ever-growing series of blogs and articles on the long continuum of learnings, I have already decided that all that I might write on matters of the heart and soul will remain publications all can access as free downloads in their entirety – from the first capital letter of the texts to the very last dots.
Since I am not [yet] a philanthropist and would not want to pass for the altruist that I am not – bad karma – I should perhaps explain why I am going to forge ahead with such a project:
1. The process of thinking out loud with the aim of sharing, and therefore being understood by others, means that I have to put a great deal of order and clarity to the many thoughts that are, for now, colliding, whirring hard, sparking new synaptic connections inside my brain, inside my neural net, inside my mind … inside my energy field.
2. Not everyone reading this or listening to the podcast will come into these texts with as little understanding as I had on matters of spirituality. Therefore, some of the more involved concepts and beliefs I will attempt to put forward in Yudit’s pared-down style will strike a familiar chord in some, an instantaneous spark of interest in others. And me, I get to give back to the cosmos some of what it has brought to me through the teachings of Yudit who, for reasons of detachment from all that is material, is not at all interested in writing her own book. There is no point in Googling her – she is not there.
3. Since Yudit has yet to accept from me anything more than a few tiny tokens of thanks, indeed very few, how could I then sell the fruit of the spiritual guidance I am receiving free when it is given to me so unconditionally? No way, right? Right! But before anything, I need to flag that, although I have used the expression ‘bad karma’ in the paragraph above, it is seriously erroneous to think of karma in that way. Karma is neither good nor bad. Like the sea around the swimmer, it just is. More on that later in another mind-meander 😊
OK, so now that the groundwork has been laid, let’s cut to the chase and start with the relatively easy bits – some of the fundamentals I have come to understand and accept:
- I am the current incarnation of my soul.
- My soul, like all souls, is energy.
- Cosmic spiritual energy is pure. It cannot become impure.
- There are no such things, as ‘dark’ or ‘lost’ or ‘sad’ or ‘lonely’ souls. These are emotion-driven attributes and, lucky for us, our souls are free of the randomness of emotions.
- We, mere humans, have no business ‘saving’ either our soul or anyone else’s, as souls are … souls.
- Any genuine enlightenment can only shine from ‘above’ and illuminate ‘below’. Thus, our limited 3-D persona cannot bring relief or illuminate anything … invisible – and certainly not any energy from the astral realm or, as some call it these days, from the quantum field.
- When someone questions my integrity or when I get deeply startled, I know my hand flies to the centre of my chest, not to my brain, not to the spot where I can feel my heartbeat. It flies to where my soul resides.
So, rather than think my soul radiates or floats above my head like a halo or a beacon, I accept that my soul-energy permeates the spot in the centre of my chest.
- My soul, like all souls, is ancient. She has been incarnated many, many, many, many times over. Personally, I have no interest in tracking down any of my past lives, as I have plenty to work with figuring out this one, the only one that matters, the only one I can maybe alter, one moment at a time, if and when I am able to transfer the theory to the practice.
- The only thing my soul, any soul, aspires to is to be taken offline – off the incarnation cycle.
My soul cannot escape from the incarnation cycle until I, C.C., and all my soul’s subsequent incarnations, have managed to edit out all the ‘bad’ karma i.e. the killer-waves, the dark troughs and chasms as well as the energy-charged “I” moments, the “me 1st/mine 1st” moments – in short the ego-centred moments when I am not present in the moment – out of my energy field – the theory being that, as the universe is perfectly harmonious, no soul can walk away leaving behind a mess of unfinished business – karma not amended.
Guilt and prayers, remorse and flagellations only amount to emotional crutches intended to make us feel better, but fail. Which brings up the well-worn phrase Consumed by guilt.